Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April 19th

April 19th . . .
Twenty years ago on this date, we became a family of 3.
Caitlyn Alexandra joined us and until then, I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I remember just rocking her & crying, crying, crying cuz she was my world.
Then there were the times that I just cried, cried, cried cuz she was a colicky baby & wouldn't stop screaming for hours on end . . .
These were some of my first scrapbook pages ever & I don't think they turned out too bad . . .
(Please ignore the fugly, I-just-spent-20-hours-in-labor-without-any-drugs hair I had back then. And, yes . . . I must have been on drugs to NOT want them!)



Well, here she is now . . .all grown up, but still my little girl.
I used some new "On the Dot" papers and tags for this page . . . .


Her most favorite cake of all time is a "Chocolate Cake Roll" and requests it every year for her birthday.
Keep on reading if you would like the recipe to try for yourself!



And since I had leftover papers from this "Pink Lemonade" collection, I also made a page for my niece, Nadia, back home in Wisconsin . . .

So here ya go, Cake Lovers . . . Try this one out.
(My favorite part is the filling . . . yum-yum-yum!)
Chocolate Cake Roll
3/4 c. flour
1/4 c. baking cocoa
1 t. baking pwd
1/4 t. salt
3 lrg. eggs - separated
1 c. sugar
5T. water
1 t. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350* and line a jellyroll pan w/ was paper. Grease & flour entire pan.
Beat egg whites until frothy & add 1/4 c. sugar. Beat until stiff.
In another bowl, beat egg yolks until light-colored and add 3/4 c. sugar. Continue beating this until it's thick & creamy. Add water & vanilla.
Fold yolk mixture into the whites, and add dry ingredients.
Spread in pan and bake 20 mins.
Remove from oven & immediately invert cake onto a dish towel sprinkled heavily with powdered sugar. Roll cake into the towel while warm & let cool.
Cake Filling
1/2c. four
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
Beat all ingredients except milk until smooth. Gradually add milk and continue beating for approx. 10 mins.
Spread onto cooled cake and reroll.
*NOTE* . . .the longer you beat the filling, the fluffier it becomes.
Hope you all enjoy this as much as we do!

No comments: