Friday, April 17, 2009

My Fave Antiques

Today I thought I'd share some of my fave oldie-but-goodie things that I've collected over the years.

I've always loved really dated, old, rusty, antique-y stuff.

Some things jump out at me more than others & if I can afford to, I treat myself here & there. That doesn't happen too often tho' cuz with 4 kid-lettes there's always milk, cereal, & bread to buy. 6 gallons, 6 boxes, & 6 loves per week add up fast!

So since this blog is suppose be sharing some of my treasures along with the paper pretties, I decided it was time to show you all some of my stuff. . . . just not all at 1 time.

For today, I'm gonna let you peek at my basement . . . well not the whole thing - just when you get to the bottom of the stairs.



There's a little alcove thingie which is perfect for the table I found about 10 yrs ago. I had plans to refinish it, but I've decided I like it just how it is. . . all ratty, beat up, & cracked.


It's home to a basket of wooden thread spools, some crocheted lace gloves, an old hand mirror / perfume bottle, & some vintage photos we had taken at Olan Mills.








I love this one of the boys . . . We chopped down some bamboo from our yard, stripped the leaves, & took the poles along with us.

Olan Mills even asked permission to keep this print on display for awhile in their studio!


On the wall above, I framed 2 copies of McCall's magazines that are dated 1906 & 1908 . . .I just love those!



Underneath is a basket of old iron horseshoes, a few of my teddy bears, my collection of Victoria magazines (is that even still in publication?) & another album that I keep old magazine pages of the Onieda Silverware ads in.






On the side wall, is one of those expandable, cheap cup rack things on which I hung vintage hats with the lace netting & feathers, and old purse, & another pair of gloves


And I'm also gonna show you 2 things from my laundry room that I love dearly . . .

My basket of red-handled vintage kitchen tools ( the old beaters was my great-grandmother's) and 4 wooden blocks whose initials I hunted for for a L-O-N-G time. They stand for my babies ~ Caitlyn, Samantha, Alexander, & Zachary.




That's it for now . . .I've got soooo much more to share so check back!

Thanx for reading!

No comments: