Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Faves

OK . . .so over at The Shoppe's Blog, there will be a challenge posted on Friday for everyone to scrap a page of their 5 Favorite Things of Spring that make them happy.

All of us Shoppe Girls have posted our own favorite things (to kind of give you all a little inspiration to scrap the everyday, little stuff you love).

I haven't had time to actually make a page yet (cuz this was a last-minute decision by the crazy store-owner), but never fear! I'll get there!

Anyway . . . here are (in no particular order) my 5 Favorite Happy Spring Things:
  • The smell of wisteria hanging from the trees as I drive with my windows open.
  • Birds chirping early in the morning . . .I mean really early ~ like daybreak!
  • Warm, sunshine-filled L-O-N-G-E-R days ! . . .we love to sit on the deck in the evening.
  • Going to the beach & laying in the sun ALL day long . . .I hate being white!
  • Sleeping with the windows open during a gentle spring rain. . . . . . & thunderstorms!
  • Tulips, Daffodils, & flowering Dogwood trees. . . .they're the 1st sign that winter is ending.
  • The smell of hot dogs cooking on a charcoal grill. . . .Yum-o-la!
  • Sitting by my pool with a glass a wine, listening to music from the good ole' days! (you know ~ the good stuff . . .like REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Madonna, Styx, Journey, Queen, Bon Jovi, THE BEE GEES! . . . oh boy - I'm showing my age).

Yeah, Yeah . . .. that's more than 5, but so what? I like what I like . . . and I could go on & on. But I'm stopping here.

Oh! Wait! How could I forget about Gardenia Season!

  • #9 . . .The gardenia bushes at our house are all in FULL bloom by mid May & the aroma surrounding us is absolutely HEAVENLY ! (We've got more than 25 bushes mostly surrounding our pool . . .but my pride & joy stands over 8 feet tall! ~ that's after pruning it back! The blossoms last year measured 5 1/2 " across !)

So stay tuned & I'll get that page posted soon . . . . . . . Blog at cha later!

P.S . . . 1 more . . .when the hummingbirds come back to my feeder!

I am SOOOOO happy about so many things when Spring gets here!

No comments: