Wednesday, January 28, 2009

S.Y.S.

Save Your Stuff!

Well, I suppose if you're reading scrappy blogs, you probably already know that rule . . don't throw anything away!


For my Valentine's layout here, I used old playing cards that were missing 1/2 the deck.
I stamped on them & embossed them with gold metallic powder.
(if you want to really see the details, just click on the photos!)


I used a King & Queen and the 4 of Hearts represents my four kids.


I did alot of distressing on this page, from painting, sanding, & tearing the matboard frame to tearing the paper and smudging it with gold metallic rubs and dabbing some red ink on the cards.

And considering that I made this layout 8 yrs. ago, this was alot!


I love gold ~ gold anything~ so there's tons of it on this page . . . gold photo corners on the cards, gold wire twisted & looped around, a tiny gold picture hanger on the frame, a gold heart charm & their initials on the small individual photos, and more smudged embossing all around the page's edge.



Last but not least, I added the "LOVE" Page Stone ~ just because.


So . . remember not to throw out those odds and ends. You never know when they might come in handy!

No comments: